Wednesday, September 28, 2005

BNI Visitor Day success!


Our local chapter of BNI (Business Networking International, the number 1, one-profession-per-chapter referral group) staged a Visitor Day. We had a letter campaign, inviting hundreds of people we do business with to come and learn how to build their business through word-of-mouth marketing. We packed the room, with more than 100 people (including our team), and we gathered 9 applications!

I want to sent a big thank-you to Dianne Woon, our financial advisor, for all her effort (and success!) at organizing this event. She led us to greatness! I'd also like to mention that Carol Ann Carol initiated the process, and so thank you to her, too.

Our group has about 30 people in it. We pass referrals every week, and actively promote each other's business as we go out and conduct our businesses. It's working very well: we generate about $150k every six months for each other.

Hey: I just realized, that I could have a weekly blog entry about a fellow member! Duh. I suppose being slow on that is because I've been spending all my extra brain cycles on the sustainability project.

No comments: