Monday, August 02, 2004

Chop wood, carry water

The greatest service I've done for Alameda, so far, is my involvement in helping to launch the Alameda Marketplace. From organically grown produce, to natural groceries, to fresh daily fish and the finest cheeses and wines, this market is poised to become a true destination for those people who are ready to escape from mass-marketed and over-processed "food" that supermarkets try to pass to us.

As I grow in my ability to engage in right livelihood, I really cherish clients who help bring harmony to our daily lives. Shopping for free trade coffee, or chemical free produce, or wild-caught fish from a sustainable breeding population, these are today's equivalent to the aspiring devotee's tasks as they prepared for enlightenment:

Chop wood, carry water.

No comments: