Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Evaluating the evening

Ever read a book in which there were really great characters, but you just wished something would happen? That's sort of how I feel about the evening I arranged at SOL. Jennifer Radtke of Biofuel Oasis was there, Geri the "Queen of Alameda" from the Reuse People, and Christopher Shein, one of the pillars of the permaculture movement, too.

My moderator got sick, so I had to run the brainstorm, and I know that she would have done a much better job. I came away with a couple of things though: I really am fed up with using so many of the Earth's resources, and I really have no idea how to use less. I mean, I have ideas, but I have no discernable path about how to get there, without literally jumping ship and starting fresh.

Perhaps it's time to stop fearing the disruptive event approach.

No comments: